CarePortal gray 02

Financial Assistance

General Assistance

General Assistance

Bridge a Life exists to “provide Christ-centered hope for children with relational trauma through awareness and family support.”

We understand that some families encounter financial hurdles when caring for children who have relational trauma. In addition to other support programs, Bridge a Life desires to help families meet their financial obligations regarding foster care, adoption, and kinship care.

What Is General Financial Assistance?

General Financial Assistance is available to any 12th Circuit Florida resident (Sarasota, Manatee, and DeSoto Counties) who is caring for a child who has experienced relational trauma, meaning foster and adoptive families as well as relative and non-relative caregivers. Due to limited funding, we cannot guarantee all qualified applicants will receive assistance.

Apply For General Financial Assistance

Please consider the following below applying:


You are an adoptive family, or you are the primary caregiver of a child who has an open case plan

(foster family, kinship care, non-relative placement)


You are a resident of the 12th Circuit in Florida.


Your request is considered necessary for a healthy family structure and/or would benefit the child or family by providing a necessary product or service.


You have made an attempt to utilize comparable free or reduced-rate services, if applicable.

Financial Assistance Amounts:

Bridge a Life is interested in partnering with families and developing strategic partnerships within our community. Therefore, it is not our intention to fully-fund financial requests. Rather, we’d like to discuss what portion of a product or service the family can contribute, and network with businesses and agencies to cost-share and develop strategic partnerships that are sustainable for future similar requests. Financial assistance amounts range from $50-1,000. Funds will be distributed directly to your service provider on your behalf.

How To Apply

Beatrice Fund Amounts:

Complete the following application (with family story). Submit application along with proof of approved current home study and a reference letter from your church staff/clergy to